Here's the winning Cento from the the Cento Bingo game played on 8/24 in my Theft and the Individual Talent class at Bread Loaf. The winner/writer was Lindsay Bernal. I have taken some liberties with the punctuation:
Is life without an atmosphere? I look.
The world is weary of the past,
Of her sick waters and infectious ease--
An era in which we would count beats per minute.
I feel like a dog that is sniffing the ass of another dog
1. John Greenleaf Whittier from "Among the Hills"
2. Percy Bysshe Shelley from "Hellas"
3. Henry Vaughan from "Regeneration"
4. Andrew Mister from "Lame House"
5. Matthew Dickman from "Amigos"
I have asked the class participants to post their reworked versions of this Cento as comments on this entry, so please check back for updates.
Thanks again to everyone who participated.